A range of adjustable louvres designed to act as a source of controllable airflow either for inlet air or exhaust.
Individual louvre units contain moveable blades which are mounted into robust box frames.
Louvre blades are adjustable to provide controlled ventilation.
Offered as single units or alternatively they may be mounted into continuous louvre banks to any height or width.
All louvres are suitable for mounting into cladding, glazing and brickwork with flanges formed to suit any mounting detail.
A comprehensive range of controls are available to suit specific requirements.
Offered in a choice of aluminium or steel, either in mill finish or PPC. Also available manufactured using pre-coated materials.
Aluminium units in aluminium alloy to BS EN 485. Steel units manufactured using galvanised steel
Pre-coated units manufactured using Plastisol, PVDf or Colorcoat coated substrates in a full range of colours.
Also available using stainless steel, zinc, brass & copper sheet materials.
The louvre system was subjected to a series of independently controlled tests to determine the aerodynamic performance of the design.
Aerodynamic co-efficient – 0.45
Numerous control options are available including; hand control (friction loaded), cable, pneumatic, electromagnet, electric actuator, etc.
Certain control options can incorporate a range of temperature rated fusible links if desired.
- Top, bottom and side flanges may be formed to whatever mounting detail is required. For additional information please consult the separate form entitled Details Required for Manufacture.
- With flanged louvres, the box depth can be manufactured to fit inside or outside the building line as required.
- Expanded metal bird guards, security guards or fly mesh can be fitted internally or externally as required.
- Operating louvres can be sprung loaded to either open or close.
- Where units are to be mounted in continuous horizontal runs, joining plates are supplied for weathering.
- Fusible link shields – for use in buildings with sprinklers.
Louvres can be specified to have louvre blades adjustable to any position between fully open and closed to give infinitely variable amounts of airflow.
Louvre blades are pivoted on double bush nylon bearings. Maintenance should be carried out in accordance with McKenzie-Martin’s recommendations.
System Design & Product Selection
Assistance with scheme design and selection is offered by our experienced technical team.